On Thursday, October 10, St. Michael’s College School (SMCS) will host the school’s annual Academic Awards Evening.
“The purpose of the evening is to recognize and celebrate the academic excellence of the students in the building,” says Emile John, Vice Principal of SMCS. Students in Grades 8-12 who made the honour roll in the previous year are invited to attend along with their parents.
“Each year we are astounded at the number of students that have achieved honour roll standing. It is a true testament to the great work that happens in the building,” says John.
Students, parents, faculty, and staff will all gather together in the gymnasium for the ceremony, which is set to begin at 7:30 p.m.
FIVE FAST FACTS
- Students are arranged by grade and called up to the stage individually in recognition of their academic achievement.
- There are 498 awards given out to students during the ceremony.
- The Basilian Fathers Book Awards are announced for students who achieved a mark of 90% or better.
- The Basilian Fathers Scholarships, that total $60,000, are presented to the top five students in each grade level.
- Math contest award winners, Duke of Edinburgh award winners, and the Accelerated Reader Programme top readers are also all acknowledged.
The 2019 SMCS Academic Awards Evening will also be livestreamed here.